Leading Sibley Together
Why Leading Sibley Together?
This county-wide leadership program offers community members an opportunity to network, develop leadership skills, and gain an increased awareness and understanding of the assets of Sibley County. The results are more skilled individuals, increased networks, and stronger links between communities to address local issues.
Participants gather one day each month in communities throughout the county. Each day includes leadership learning activities, meeting with community leaders, and tours of businesses and organizations in that particular community. Participants tour together, learn together, and dine together. Each day ends with reflection and discussion around the day’s events.
Each class is comprised of a maximum of 24 participants who either live or work in Sibley County. Participants can be either current or emerging leaders with an interest in the future of our county.Selected participants are notified in mid- August.
Acceptance is based on:
- Desire to better understand and improve leadership skills
- Demonstrated interest in the Sibley County area
- Interest in future community involvement
- Ability to commit the time needed to attend program sessions
- Representation from all diverse segments of the county
How Do Employers Benefit?
Gain employees who:
- Create connections throughout the county to promote their respective business or organization
- Develop their personal leadership, communication, and team skills
- Develop greater personal vision and ability for “big picture” thinking
- Increase their capacity to address critical issues and challenges
Increase ability to lead and work more effectively with others
Build personal and professional networks with community leaders and organizations
Gain a greater awareness of resources and assets within the county and local communities Identify ways to “make a difference” and give back to the community
- Leading with Strengths
- Facilitating More Effective Meetings
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Management
- Working with Different Generations
- Navigating Change
- Effective Followership
- Art of Hosting
Leading Sibley Together Brochure
LST Application 2018-2019
Find us on Facebook: Leading Sibley Together Organization
For more information, contact:
Roxy Traxler, Program Coordinator