• employment Employment
  • online services Online Services
  • document center Document Center
  • maps Maps

Feedlot Permitting

Who needs to apply for a NPDES/SDS permit?

A feedlot owner is required to apply for coverage under a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)/State Disposal System (SDS) permit when proposing a new facility or expanding an existing facility, or to operate an existing feedlot that will:

  • have a capacity of 1,000 animal units (AU) or more; or
  • meet or exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Large Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) threshold


NPDES/SDS Permits:  Frequently Asked Questions

NPDES Permit Application

Completing an NPDES/SDS Feelot Permit Application

  • Home
  • Mission Statement
  • Disclaimer
  • Intranet