Sibley County adopted its first Local Water Management Plan in 1990. The purpose is to identify any water quality problems and look for ways to protect the waterways in Sibley County. All of these programs are administered by the Sibley County Soil & Water Conservation (SWCD) office. Follow this link to learn more https://www.sibleyswcd.org.
112 5th Street
Gaylord, MN 55334
Phone (507) 702-7077
Well Improvement Loans
The Sibley SWCD is now offering low interest loans for well improvement! This loan program is designed to help Sibley County home owners with replacing their current well system with a newly constructed well. The loans may only be used to construct a replacement well and will also cover the cost of sealing the old well. This program is not available to newly constructed building sites and homes with no pre-existing well on site. The interest rate is a fixed 3% for up to 10 years.
Check out this and many more eligible water quality loans at https://www.sibleyswcd.org/agbmp
* To obtain a well permit, contact a licensed well driller.
* For information on well management, contact http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/wells/
* For well water testing kits, contact our local Sibley County Public Health Department at
(507) 237-4000, or the Department of Health Well Management Central Office at (651) 201-4600 or
1-800-383-9808 or email@example.com
* For possible well history or location contact http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/cwi