A developmental disability is defined as a severe, chronic disability which originated at birth or during childhood, is expected to continue indefinitely and substantially restricts the individual’s functioning in several major life activities. A MNChoices assessment will be completed to determine if eligibility requirements are met. If eligible, services may include assistance for disabled children, adults and their families with facilitative, supportive, administrative services and supports that:
- Provide opportunities to enhance their quality of life;
- Encourage growth towards independence;
- Promote community living;
- Are uniquely based on each individual’s strengths and needs;
- Are meaningful to the person receiving the services.