Child and Teen Checkups
Our goal is to keep children healthy!
Child and Teen Checkups include:
- Information about good physical health
- Information about thoughts, feelings and relationships with others
- Questions and answers about your child's health
- A complete physical exam
- Immunizations (shots)
- Hearing check
- Vision check
- Lab tests
- Monitoring growth and development
- Referral to the dentist
Be sure to bring all the forms you need with you to the Child and Teen Checkup.
Where to go for a C & TC?
You can take your child to get a checkup at your local clinic! Please see our Provider List if you don't already have a clinic.
A visit to the dentist is recommended starting with the eruption of the first tooth or age 1, whichever is first. Dental visits are then encouraged every 6 months or as recommended by your dentist. Please see our Dental Provider List to find a dentist.
When to get a C & TC?
Checkups should occur at the following ages:
- Between birth and 1 month old
- At 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24 and 30 months
- Every year after age 3 and up to age 20
- Whenver sports physicals are needed
What if I need help?
We can help with:
- Finding a clinic
- Finding a dentist
- Making appointments
- Arranging transportation to appointments
- Finding an interpreter
- Preparing to see a doctor
Please contact Sibley County Public Health and Human Services at 507-237-4000 and ask for the Child and Teen Checkup Coordinator.
State of Minnesota Child and Teen Checkup Website
Get CTC Website