Our Family Health Team provides for the needs of growing families in Sibley County.
The Family Health Team offers special programs for pregnant women, as well as families with new babies, and families with young children.
A Public Health Nurse will meet with you in your home to help you become the parent you always wanted to be for your children. Visits can start while you are pregnant, or just after your baby is born and can continue until your child enters school.
A public health nurse or home visitor will help you by:
- Providing education and resources during your pregnancy (in addition to your routine pregnancy care) to help have a healthy pregnancy and baby
- Offering a postpartum and newborn visit after you come home from the hospital
- Answering questions about infant care, growth and immunizations
- Providing breastfeeding support and guidance
- Giving you resources to make your job as a parent easier
- Supporting and guiding you in your efforts to give the best to your children
- Providing information on child growth and development
- Teaching about nutrition, health care, discipline, and self esteem
For more information on this free program, please call (507) 237-4000.