A Telephone Reassurance Program
You have probably heard about the informal plans neighbors had with each other, such as pulling up the shade in the morning, to signal that they were safe and okay each day. Times have changed; neighbors frequently do not even know each other so many of these informal arrangements have gone by the wayside. Recognizing that there are many older adults and those with disabilities who do not have a daily contact, Sibley County Public Health & Human services has launched "Your Public Health Neighbor: A Telephone Reassurance Program". This program is designed to enhance the safety and security of Sibley County older adults and those with disabilities who are living alone.
Reasons to Participate:
- A friendly voice contact each weekday (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Continuing to live at home with dignity, and an enhanced sense of personal safety and security.
- Having family members assured that appropriate and prompt action will be taken if a daily telephone contact is not made on weekdays excluding weekends and holidays.
- Toll free number to call.
- There is no charge for this service.
Call Sibley County Public Health & Human Services at 507-237-4000 for more information.