Winter Driving Tips STAY BACK - STAY ALIVE
Mn/DOT and Sibley County would like to remind drivers that snowplow operators are out in full force dealing with freezing rain, snow and wind and they offer the following advice to motorists sharing the road with them:
- Turn on your headlights.
- Turn off your cruise control.
- Slow down and allow at least an eight-second interval between your vehicle and a
- snowplow. Snowplows travel slower than the posted speed.
- Stay behind the snowplow. The road behind the snowplow will be safer to drive on. Also, snowplows turn or exit frequently and often with little warning.
- Never drive into a snow cloud.
- Test the road surface frequently throughout your trip by tapping your brakes.
More winter driving tips are available at www.dot.state.mn.us/workzone.
Traveler information, including incident reports, is available by calling 511 or logging on to www.511.mn.org. Know the road, Dial-up or log on.