Take It To The Box
Take It To
What Is This All About?
The Sibley County Sheriff's Office is serious about preventing medication misuse or abuse and environmentally unsafe medication disposal practices. "Take It To The Box" promotes the safe use, storage and disposal of medication.
DISPOSAL BOX LOCATION
Sibley County Sheriff's Office (jail entrance lobby)
419 Harrison Street
Gaylord, MN 55334
Guidelines for Medication Use, Storage and Disposal Safe Use
- Read and follow directions on all medications.
- Take the recommended dose...not more...not less.
- Take the medicine the number of times and the frequency recommended.
- Do not share your prescription medicines with another person.
- Do not take someone else's prescription medicine.
- Know the names of your medications and their purpose.
- Pharmacists and doctors can answer your questions about over the counter medicines...just ask!
- Keep medicines in a place away from children, teens and guests. Lock up medicines if necessary, especially narcotics or mood altering medicines.
- Keep medicines in their original bottle or package.
- Keep medicines in a cool, dry place away from light.
- Follow storage directions on the medicine.
- Take old or unneeded medications or drugs to the medication disposal box at the Sibley County Sheriff's Office.
- Leave the medicine in its original package or bottle.
- Cross off your name or other personal information. Do not cross off the name of the medicine.
- DO NOT flush medications down the toilet.
- NO syringes, epi-pens or diabetic testing supplies are accepted.