Who is eligible to vote?
You are eligible to vote in Minnesota if you are least 18 years of age or older, a citizen of the United States and a resident of Minnesota for at least 20 days immediately preceding the election day.
How do I register to vote?
Complete aVoter Registration Application. Drop off or send completed application to the Sibley County Auditor's Office at 400 Court Avenue, PO Box 171, Gaylord, MN 55334.
Register online here.
Why should I pre-register to vote?
Voting will be faster and easier if you are registered to vote when you arrive at the polls on election day. You can register on Election Day; however, you will need to bring proof of residence with you.
How do I register on Election Day?
To register on Election Day, you must have proof of residence in your precinct. Only proofs authorized by law will be accepted.
Valid proof of identity includes any of the following:
* MN Driver's License, Learner's Permit, or Identification card showing a current address (or yellow receipt for any of these).
* Valid, previous registration from the same precinct.
* "Notice of Ineffective or Late Registration" from the County Auditor's office.
* A registered voter from your precinct who personally knows you reside in the precinct and will vouch for your identity.
* A photo ID and a current utility bill showing your name and address in the precinct.