NOTE: To provide you with the Certified Copy, the marriage record will be found only in the County from which the Marriage License was applied for.
3. Send the above information to:
400 Court Avenue
Gaylord, MN 55334
1. Complete a Marriage License Application, but do not sign until both people are present in front of the Recorder’s Office. This form must be fully completed before the license will be issued.
2. Have Social Security numbers for both applicants.
4. Submit the Educator's Statement if you meet the requirements below to qualify for the reduced fee.
- Attend 12 hoursof premarital education
- The premarital education must be provided by a licensed or ordained minister or the minister's designee, a person authorized to solemnize marriages under Minnesota Statue section 517.18, or a person authorized to practice marriage and family therapy under Minnesota Statue section 148B.33. The education must include the use of premarital inventory and the teaching of communication and conflict management skills.
- Obtain a signed and dated Educator's Statement printed on the educator's letterheadcertifying that both parties have completed premarital education.
- Ensure that the Educator's Statement is either notarized or under the church seal.
Marriage application Fees are non-refundable.
Application for Marriage License
Premarital Education Certificate
Marriage Supplemental Form
To schedule a Civil Marriage Ceremony you will need to contact the Court Administrator’s Office at (507) 237-4053 to schedule an appointment.
Either the Court Administrator or Judge is able to perform ceremonies.