• employment Employment
  • online services Online Services
  • document center Document Center
  • maps Maps

Unclaimed Property

All uncashed checks or warrants issued by Sibley County are turned over to the Minnesota Department of Commerce.

The Minnesota Department of Commerce acts as custodian of unclaimed property deemed abandoned under the Uniform Disposition of Unclaimed Property Act. The Department of Commerce holds such property until the rightful owner claims it.

The Minnesota Department of Commerce participates with other states in a website which allows you to search for unclaimed property that may belong to you. To search for unclaimed property, please go to the Missing Money website at:



  • Home
  • Mission Statement
  • Disclaimer
  • Intranet